[squeak-dev] Re: Squeak release process - CI server

Sean P. DeNigris sean at clipperadams.com
Thu Jul 26 14:50:24 UTC 2012

Frank Shearar-3 wrote

> I'd agree with you that Lukas' build script comes with a
> large dose of intimidation: shell scripts suck, and their suckage
> increases non-linearly in their length.

I'm not sure how we got to this point in the discussion. I definitely don't
think we should adopt Lukas's system. I also agree that shell scripts suck
(that's why I'm developing a Jenkins Smalltalk framework that uses the image
for 99% of the UI and scripting). What I'm saying is - if we're gonna write
shell scripts, keeping them version controlled and
universally-contributable-to instead of hidden away on the server might be
beneficial.

Cheers,
Sean