[squeak-dev] Re: Squeak release process - CI server

Chris Cunnington smalltalktelevision at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 17:47:41 UTC 2012

This topic is starting to feel kind of loaded. I suspect that's because
it's an idea that's been floating around for a long time and has now
just landed as something real.

I've pulled a tiny piece of functionality from a very large rig. I feel
responsible for that small part. And, I think that is enough for Frank
to work on a single image. The aim is so Frank can generate a page like
this:

https://ci.lille.inria.fr/pharo/view/Cog/job/StackVM-Mac-Esteban-Tests/5/testReport/

If this kernel of functionality works and other people want to evolve it
into something higher. That's great. If and when that happens, and
people want to start zipping, scripting, and Gighubbing, I'll be by the
pool.

We can move from this server, which I will shut down in the next few
months, and build a better version of Jenkins on the server we're moving
to.

Thanks,
Chris

(Although I have to admit it makes me nuts that Sean always seems to
know more that I do, I feel I must say: "Well played, sir!".)