[squeak-dev] XTHash fails to find libcrypto in Linux / Altitude only on Win32?

Chris Cunnington smalltalktelevision at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 03:48:06 UTC 2012

Wow. Great stuff. Thank you very much. I'm sure with this we can find a
solution. I mean Squeak and Pharo. I started the Pharo 1.4 all-in-one in
Visualbox using a Linux image and the same six tests fail after loading
with ConfigurationOfXtreams.

In CentoOS 5.3 in Visualbox "ldconfig -p | grep libcrypto" produced:

     libcrypto.so.10 (libc6) => /usr/lib/libcrypto.10

If I read your email right, then the problem shouldn't be too hard to
fix. Of course, this has been a great week for me being wrong.

When I read:

(BTW, XTHMAC is a keyed-hash construct not something specific to Macs)

I laughed out loud. That's at least the third time this week I've been
completely wrong. I got an email from Tony Garnock Jones this morning
about a post I made about Altitude on Monday, which was completely of
the mark. I had to tell him I was just out-to-lunch and had been set
straight by Colin Putney, who made it clear in no uncertain terms I was
making no sense.

It's a small price to pay, though, to get such valuable assistance in
debugging a part of Xtreams, which I am confident will be of great use
to the entire open source Smalltalk community.

Thank you,

Chris

Loved the Morse code example in the ESUG 2010 video, BTW. Lots of fun.