[squeak-dev] Re: Squeak release process - CI server

Sean P. DeNigris sean at clipperadams.com
Fri Jul 27 12:36:59 UTC 2012

Frank Shearar-3 wrote

> That's what happens when I'm too slow to commit! I'm making some other
> changes as well: saving snapshots as a new image, for starters.

One cool thing about git/github is that there's no penalty for committing
early and often. Proposed changes can even be discussed right in the pull
request. Ordinarily, I would've created an issue on github, and then a
branch with the issue name, e.g. issue_14, and committed to the branch to
keep master clean, but I was lazy ;-) Although you can see in the pull
request that I missed one hard-coded path and made another commit, which
appeared in the pull request with the first one.

Sean