[squeak-dev] IWST'12 Call for papers

Alain Plantec alain.plantec at univ-brest.fr
Tue Jun 5 11:45:52 UTC 2012

Dear Smalltalkers,

We apologize for multiple reception of this announcement.

The International Workshop on Smalltalk Technologies, is a European
Smalltalk User Group (ESUG) Conference joint event, that focuses on
research activities - namely academic creative work undertaken on
smalltalk use, and more generally on object technologies.

IWST was launched in 2009, in Brest, during the 17th ESUG Conference.
The second edition took place in Barcelona, and the third edition was
held in 2011 at the heart of historic Edinburgh. Next edition will be
in Gent, Begium this summer (28th of august).

ESUG gathers groups of professionals and hobbyists who share an
interest in the Smalltalk programming languages and related
technologies.
The goal of the workshop is to create a forum around advances or
experience in Smalltalk. IWST contributes to triggering discussions
and exchanges of ideas.

As always, we make a point to have a very constructive paper review
process that aims to provide in-depth comments and suggestions to all
of them (no one-liners!) This makes it ideal to disseminate new
research directions, and is a good venue for early stage PhD students
to receive feedback on their work. In addition, we intent to invite
best papers to a journal special issue as we did last year.

Looking forward to your submissions, and to meeting you in Gent!

Best regards,

Loïc Lagadec&  Alain Plantec
Co-chairs of IWST

International Workshop on Smalltalk Technologies 2012

August 28th, 2012
Gent, Belgium.

ESUG 2012 Smalltalk joint event

Important dates

Submission deadline: June 15, 2012
Notification deadline: July 15, 2012
All accepted papers will be published in ACM DL, and the authors of
the best papers will be invited to submit an extended version to a
journal special issue (To Be Confirmed).

Goals and scopes

The goals of the workshop is to create a forum around advances or
experience in Smalltalk and to trigger discussions and exchanges of
ideas. Participants are invited to submit research articles. We will
not enforce any length restriction. However we expect papers of two
kinds:

Short position papers describing emerging ideas.
Long research papers with deeper description of experiments and of
research results.
Topics

We welcome contributions on all aspects, theoretical as well as
practical, of Smalltalk related topics such as:

Aspect-oriented programming,
Design patterns,
Experience reports,
Frameworks,
Implementation, new dialects or languages implemented in Smalltalk,
Interaction with other languages,
Meta-programming and Meta-modeling,
Tools

Links

home
page:http://www.esug.org/wiki/pier/Conferences/2012/International-Workshop---IWST-2012

submission:http://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=iwst2012

Publication

Both submissions and final papers must be prepared using the ACM
SIGPLAN 10 point format. Templates for Word and LaTeX are available at
http://www.acm.org/sigs/sigplan/authorInformation.htm. This site also
contains links to useful informations on how to write effective
submissions.

Program chairs

Loïc Lagadec and Alain Plantec (LabSticc CACS/CNRS, University of Brest,
France)

Program committee

Gabriela Arevalo    Universidad Nacional de Quilmes, Argentina
Alexandre Bergel    University of Chile
Andrew P. Black    Portland State University, US
Marcus Denker    Rmod, INRIA Lille - Nord Europe, France
Luc Fabresse    Ecole des Mines de Douai, France,
Tudor Girba    CompuGroup Medical Schweiz, Switzerland
Andy Kellens    Software Languages Lab, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Belgium
Mickaël Kerboeuf    LabSticc, University of Brest, France
Jannik Laval    LaBRI, University of Bordeaux, France
Mariano Martinez Peck    Ecole des Mines de Douai, France,
Lukas Renggli    Google, Switzerland
Jorge Ressia    Software Composition Group, University of Bern, Switzerland
Bastian Steinert    HPI, Software Architecture Group, Germany
Hernan Wilkinson    10Pines, IT consultancy, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Roel Wuyts    IMEC Leuven, Belgium