[squeak-dev] The Inbox: Network-ul.100.mcz

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Tue Jun 5 13:13:20 UTC 2012

On 05.06.2012, at 04:31, David T. Lewis wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 08:29:29PM -0500, Chris Muller wrote:
>> Just an FYI, the Magma test suite is pretty heavy on networking
>> activity, but I didn't encounter any problems with this loaded.
>>
>> So what needs to happen for us as a community to make a decision on
>> whether to accept or reject this?  I assume we will accept it, but
>> maybe some of those more familiar with it can make some comments..?
>> Who is our best networking expert who might want to review it and
>> discuss?
>
> I have merged Levente's Network-ul.100 updates into the current Squeak
> trunk, and made some additional changes to get unit tests working.
>
> The updates are in the inbox in Network-dtl.123 and NetworkTests-dtl.28.
> I would appreciate if a couple of folks could load these updates,
> run the network tests, and let us know if any problems arise.
>
> If there are no objections after a few days, I'll move the updates
> to trunk and we can sort out any remaining issues there.
>
> Dave

I committed a small fix to inbox as Network-bf.124. This is needed if you run on a VM that has only the old primitives (like, the Cog VM I'm using).

With that fix the fallback code appears to work fine (at least I can use Monticello).

A similar fix might be needed for Etoys, but we never ran into it, because we had the new plugin for ages.

Btw, shouldn't asSocketAddress rather be an extension of the Network package?

- Bert -