[squeak-dev] Shout tests?

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 15:42:44 UTC 2012

Hi,

I found some tests for Shout at

Installer ss project: 'shout'; install: 'ShoutTests'.

This will install ShoutTests-GuillermoPolito.13, dated 2011/02/03. As
it stands, it has 4 failing tests. Two of these - #testObjectClass and
#testBooleanHierarchy - work once we add a method that presumably
Pharo has and we don't:

Text >> #< anObject
    ^ string < anObject

The remaining two failures - #testCollectionHierarchy and
#testNumberHierarchy - currently time out. Turning SHParserST80Test
into a LongTestCase gives a green light.

Otherwise, the tests give 53% code coverage of the Shout package (with
coverage the tests take a LONG time to run), which is less than ideal
if one wishes to hack on it. (For instance, I see no reason why
SHRange should have #end:, #start: and #type: selectors; losing them
would make SHRange "functional", like Point.)

So I'd like to nominate Shout as being a source of low-hanging test fruit.

frank