[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Kernel-fbs.697.mcz

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Mon Jun 11 19:35:40 UTC 2012

On 2012-06-11, at 21:26, Frank Shearar wrote:

> On 11 June 2012 18:27, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de> wrote:
>> On 2012-06-09, at 21:41, commits at source.squeak.org wrote:
>>
>>> Frank Shearar uploaded a new version of Kernel to project The Trunk:
>>> http://source.squeak.org/trunk/Kernel-fbs.697.mcz
>>>
>>> ==================== Summary ====================
>>>
>>> Name: Kernel-fbs.697
>>> Author: fbs
>>> Time: 8 June 2012, 2:58:00.068 pm
>>> UUID: bcec51c0-7e42-4f78-897b-73b99f088354
>>> Ancestors: Kernel-nice.693
>>>
>>> * The resolver instvar is initialised to an Array so #ifNotNil: is a no-op.
>>> * #evaluateResolver: reimplemented #cull:; rather use BlockClosure's version - less duplication.
>>

>> This, too, is based on an old version. Kernel-nice.694 and Kernel-nice.695 are not merged.
>>
>> When you commit to trunk using Monticello, it should warn you about newer versions. Apparently you use a different method?
>
> Ah, I see now why "this, too". Er, I open my trunk (which I try to
> keep as up to date as possible, but don't necessarily update
> immediately prior to making my change - I'm usually offline at the
> time), make my change, and when I have a network connection, copy the
> snapshot to the inbox or trunk repository.
>
> I haven't seen any warnings though!
>
> frank

When you commit something to trunk it should be based on the latest version in trunk. For the inbox it doesn't really matter.

What I do is develop, and when it's ready, I update (which merges the latest), and commit.

If you committed something that is not based on the latest, then you must merge the latest, and commit again.

- Bert -