Squeak.org starving... and what to do about it - if so. (was Re: [squeak-dev] Environments)

David Corking lists at dcorking.com
Wed Jun 27 11:09:23 UTC 2012

A few minute ago , Göran Krampe  wrote:

> These days I am unsure of Squeak's "place" in the world.

I think this deserves personal answers. No two Squeakers have the same
world. For me Squeak occupies two important places:

(1) Home of Etoys  (I hope one day that Etoys will be able to move to
a version 4.x Squeak, if it hasn't already.)

(2) Home of an amazing and unique VM. (Pharo doesn't have a VM.)

There other things that count, such as being the platform for
FONC/STEPS at VPRI, and being an integrated image, rather than a
modular one whose source code is harder to search (my unpopular
opinion which I voiced before.)

To all: where is Squeak in your world?

David