[squeak-dev] Environment(s) serving web pages

Chris Cunnington smalltalktelevision at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 20:45:17 UTC 2012

http://osrcon.ca/enviros.png
http://osrcon.ca/chrome.png

I wanted to have the same class serve web content from three
Environments. I loaded KomHttpServer and HttpView2 and did so.

(I would have used GreenNeon, but WebClient restricts one port per
image. It has a singleton, etc. KomHttpServer lets you have as many
ports per image as you'd like.)

Why would you do this? Perhaps to save resources like RAM. Instead of
having a Unix process per user you have a Smalltalk process per user. Or
users could share a common class side persistence. Or to have one VNC
connection for several applications. Most likely, because you cannot
resist trying it out.

Chris