Squeak.org starving... and what to do about it - if so. (was Re: [squeak-dev] Environments)

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 19:33:44 UTC 2012

Squeak's place in the world is as a platform for Aikido-style
development concerned with real-world domains that require longevity.
The current trunk platform represents the product of ~15 years of
discussions, arguments, wrangling and sweat from an incredibly
talented and diverse group of developers.  I believe this community
recognizes the value of its approach.  As the trunk advances
incrementally, the community moves forward together as a unit.
Everyone benefits by everyone else's work because work from the past
is respected, not belittled.

Squeak does not want to take over the world or be "hip".  It's members
are independent-minded and generally want to "get there" on their own
and not told what to think.