[squeak-dev] SM (was OCompletion in 4.3?)

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 10:27:11 UTC 2012

On 6 March 2012 09:18, H. Hirzel <hannes.hirzel at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3/6/12, Chris Cunnington <smalltalktelevision at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> But how to siphon all the data about projects out of SqS? I mean, Google
>> can't crawl it, and there's a reason for that. Does anybody have an idea?
>
> One option would be to to write a robot which regularily visits
> SqueakSource and other repositories and then use a screen scraper to
> extract the data and feed it into SqueakMap.
>
> -- Hannes

While we're scraping things, a lot of folk (myself included) are
either mirroring their packages on ss3.gemstone.com, or simply
abandoning ss for ss3.

Also, the ss3 folk might be amenable to exposing an introspection API,
or adding RESTful URLs?

But as a counterpoint, the project front pages _are_ indexable:
googling "shift reset" shows http://www.squeaksource.com/Control/ as
the 8th hit. But certainly nothing beyond those landing pages is
indexable.

frank