[squeak-dev] SM (was OCompletion in 4.3?)

Tim Felgentreff tim at nada1.de
Tue Mar 6 15:51:51 UTC 2012

I don't see why it has to be so difficult. There's Metacello, and people
are using it more and more.

Why not offer Metacello configurations by default (its as simple as
finding all ConfigurationOf* packages and pulling out their version
specifications). This would instantly provide access to all Metacello
packages on Squeaksource.

There's Monticello configurations, too, you don't encounter them as
often, but for projects where you do, just offer those for installation.

Of course, you can and should offer developers the option specify
install-scripts if they don't want to or cannot use Metacello, but we
should make it simple for the default case. We'd instantly get an easy,
in-image package repository with access to a lot of what's out there.

-Tim