[squeak-dev] SM (was OCompletion in 4.3?)

Göran Krampe goran at krampe.se
Tue Mar 6 20:13:41 UTC 2012

Hi all!

On 03/06/2012 11:27 AM, Frank Shearar wrote:
> On 6 March 2012 09:18, H. Hirzel<hannes.hirzel at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> On 3/6/12, Chris Cunnington<smalltalktelevision at gmail.com>  wrote:
>>>
>>> But how to siphon all the data about projects out of SqS? I mean, Google
>>> can't crawl it, and there's a reason for that. Does anybody have an idea?
>>
>> One option would be to to write a robot which regularily visits
>> SqueakSource and other repositories and then use a screen scraper to
>> extract the data and feed it into SqueakMap.
>>
>> -- Hannes
>
> While we're scraping things, a lot of folk (myself included) are
> either mirroring their packages on ss3.gemstone.com, or simply
> abandoning ss for ss3.
>
> Also, the ss3 folk might be amenable to exposing an introspection API,
> or adding RESTful URLs?

I don't want to stifle any effort (*any* effort is good IMHO) but I
think that the upcoming SmalltalkHub (that Nicolas is working on, and
possibly with a bit of help from me if I ever get free time to spend)
will offer a compelling new platform for all of SS and SM etc.

It would give all our communities (Squeak, Pharo and others) a chance to
converge in a single much more powerful and fresh platform.

regards, Göran