[squeak-dev] SqueakSource Projects with more than 1000 downloads

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 03:15:51 UTC 2012

I think it's nice if the default list that opens in SqueakMap is the
list of "supported" software; the list that has been tested and
verified to work.

So if you do a scrape into SM, we should keep that in mind.

I would loathe to base decisions on # of downloads.  If a project has
multiple dependent packages (like Magma), I'm pretty sure it inflates
the number to 1 per package, even though that should be just "1"
download.  Besides that, wouldn't that basis favor older packages
since they existed longer to be potentially downloaded?  To me it just
doesn't seem like a good basis..