[squeak-dev] What does 19th primitive (Simulation guard) do?

=?EUC-KR?B?sK3B+L/A?= jinoh67 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 06:02:26 UTC 2012

What does the following primitive do?

newProcess
 "Answer a Process running the code in the receiver. The process is not
 scheduled."
 *<primitive: 19> "Simulation guard"
* ^Process
  forContext:
   [self value.
   Processor terminateActive] asContext
  priority: Processor activePriority

I found that method in these methods:

BlockClosure newProcess {scheduling}
BlockClosure newProcessWith: {scheduling}
BlockContext newProcess {scheduling}
BlockContext newProcessWith: {scheduling}
ControlManager activeController: {accessing}
ControlManager scheduleActive: {scheduling}
Debugger class openContext:label:contents: {class initialization}
Debugger class openInterrupt:onProcess: {opening}
SyntaxError class open: {instance creation}

It seems the methods works even though I delete the primitive.
I couldn't find any documentation about it, so what does the primitive do?
Can any methods contain the primitive?