[squeak-dev] SM, scripts, and application names

Chris Muller ma.chris.m at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 01:38:37 UTC 2012

I think so.  The two use-cases addressed are: 1) fixed-configuration
and 2) on-going development.

The head release is for on-going development -- merges the latest
versions in a trunk-style update process for the project.

Fixed-configuration documents a starting image onto which you can
install specific-version packages known to work together.  A
convenience feature allows the publisher to one-click publish update
patches to such a fixed-configuration.

These two use-cases cover possibly 95% of what the overall community
requires.  The spirit of Squeak is to have little code go a long way.