How we deliver (was Re: [squeak-dev] Using Etoys-To-Go-5.0-Beta-1 Toma 2)

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Tue Mar 13 14:50:26 UTC 2012

On 13.03.2012, at 14:09, Edgar J. De Cleene wrote:

> Bert:
>
> I have some cleaner GetText-edc.16
>
> Put in in MCHttpRepository
>    location: 'http://www.squeaksource.com/Ladrillos'
>    user: ''
>    password: ''
>
> This morning update to Squeak4.4-11920 and load without crash.
> Four using all external folders, we should deliver with the .image.
>
> So I ask for permission for put the .image and the folders into
> http://ftp.squeak.org/4.4/ so people could download and we complete the
> translations, test all
>
> Edgar

Better put it in the 4.4alpha directory. And the GetText package should go into trunk, IMHO.

About completing the translations ... not sure it is worth the effort for now. When we have merged all of Etoys back into Trunk, and retired the Etoys fork, then we can use the OLPC translator community to translate everything. But until then it would be a a lot of duplicated work.

OTOH if people want to work on the translations, then why not. We would need a repository for PO files. These are just text files, so any versioning system would be okay. Ideas?

- Bert -