[squeak-dev] GSoC more mentors wanted

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Mon Mar 26 07:47:25 UTC 2012

Dear Smalltalkers,

We have quite nice projects, but mentors are still missing:

	http://gsoc2012.esug.org/projects
	http://gsoc2012.esug.org/mentors

Note that current mentors are potential mentors and more project
proposers than final mentors, so, if you are interested to mentor some
project, contact the current mentor and volunteer to be a mentor, or
second mentor, of that project.

Same goes for current mentors, please be sure that your projects will
have a proper mentor and second mentor.

What's difference between mentor and second mentor? Mentor is
responsible for a project and student through the whole project
lifecycle, while second mentor is officially to replace the main mentor
in a case he cannot be mentor for any reasons anymore, but unofficially
second mentor also helps the main mentor working on the project.

There is only one main and only one second mentor possible.

So please, anyone interested please look at the projects and volunteer
for membership. By replying to me or Carla, or to the current potential
mentors.

Best regards
Janko

--