[squeak-dev] Fixing around GetText

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Wed Mar 28 13:43:57 UTC 2012

On 28.03.2012, at 14:49, Edgar J. De Cleene wrote:

> On 3/28/12 8:07 AM, "Bert Freudenberg" <bert at freudenbergs.de> wrote:
>
>> You should have started from the latest Etoys package,
>
> I start of what's in Etoys-To-Go 5.0 beta 1 what was GetText-Richo.14 and
> blow the image when try to load, remember ?

But there is no GetTextExporter2 class in GetText-Richo.14.

>> have a hunch you used Hilaire's GetText package for Pharo?
>
> Nope, Hilaire do his work some weeks later and I do not have time to see
> what he do.

So where did the GetTextExporter2 class come from?

> For the rest of your mail, I mostly agree.
>
>> I previously wrote "put it in the 4.4alpha directory".
>
> All the folders/ files needed?
> OK, but still think a separate "International" or "Multillingual" folder for
> 4.4 and others is best.

There are two directories needed. One with the translation "source" files (POT and PO). And one with the compiled files (MO). Both are hierarchically ordered by language. Here are the two Etoys directories:

http://etoys.squeak.org/svn/trunk/po/
http://etoys.squeak.org/svn/trunk/Etoys/locale/

>> So ... is this enough to unblock you? Thanks for doing it :)
>
> I hope and see in Buenos Aires if you come.
> A couple of beers ?
>
> Edgar

No, but Rita will be there. She prefers wine over beer, though ;)

- Bert -