[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Morphic-cmm.606.mcz

Chris Muller ma.chris.m at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 16:14:33 UTC 2012

>> The problem with picking up by the black halo (top center) is comes
>> when I want to drop it somewhere.  I can't get the positioning I want,
>> especially if its near the edge of the screen.
>
> Well you can just put it close to the position you want, then use the brown
> handle to slide it where you want.

If the morph isn't using automatic layout, and it's near the edge, you
won't be able to do that.  Also, I guess my question remains:  Other
than legacy code, is this a good design?  Two behaviors for picking
something up?

> Now if that does not do what you want, I propose you add another handle to
> the halo with the behavior you like.

That would be too ambiguous.  I think a preference would be better.

> But please do not break the current behavior. You are not alone using
> morphs.

Yeah, I know that Stéphane.  Don't worry, I'm not going to leave your
code broken.

 - Chris