A comparative article (was Re: [squeak-dev] [ANN] STON - Smalltalk Object Notation)

Göran Krampe goran at krampe.se
Tue May 8 07:55:33 UTC 2012

Hi guys!

I just posted an article about JSON/STON/Literal arrays/Tirade - and it
is probably easiest to read at planet.smalltalk.org (my blog has a
rather bad theme I realized):

http://planet.smalltalk.org

...or at my blog:

http://goran.krampe.se/2012/05/08/literal-arrays-vs-json-vs-ston-vs-tirade

Sven - sorry for beating down a bit on STON in that article, nothing
personal and I love all the stuff you have done, I just have a hard time
placing STON in my toolbox. If you can give me good arguments why I am
dead wrong - please do! ;)

And regarding Tirade, feel free to criticize that too of course, it is
still not set in stone and all input is appreciated, including telling
me it sucks :).

The most interesting bit of the article is perhaps my thoughts on
literals in Smalltalk - would be nice to hear what people thinḱ. And oh,
sorry for the length of the article - it kinda swelled.

regards, Göran