[squeak-dev] true hash

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Wed May 9 23:20:40 UTC 2012

> How so?  Given that within an image the hash and dictionaries hashed
> there-on are consistent how does it matter if two different images have
> different hashes and different hash values?

As I tried to explain, it matters in the case where the two different
images are accessing a persistent, legacy domain model which has the
true object involved in the calculation of a hash value.

It wouldn't even necessarily have to be a client-server app -- maybe
the "persistent model" is just a serialized object file that the "new"
(inconsistent) wanted to load.

The way it is now, the system is dependent solely on the identityHash
of true and false and nil, even though I want them to be treated as
equivalent "value" objects just like Integers would be..