[squeak-dev] Re: DateAndTime hash

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Fri May 11 12:36:49 UTC 2012

On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 12:01:18PM +0200, Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> On 11.05.2012, at 00:15, Randal L. Schwartz wrote:
>
> > What if the first and second call to unixEpoch differ by one second?
>

> The unix epoch is a constant.

FYI, in the interpreter VM a primitive is available for directly accessing
time since the unix epoch, and can be accessed as follows:

Time class>>primUtcWithOffset
	"Answer an array with UTC microseconds since the Posix epoch and
	the current seconds offset from GMT in the local time zone."

	"Time primUtcWithOffset"

	<primitive: 'primitiveUtcWithOffset'>
	^nil

> (Can't believe I get to educate Randal on Unixy things. Yay!)
>
> - Bert -

A significant milestone indeed ;)

Dave