[squeak-dev] Making trunk repo faster

Dale Henrichs dhenrich at vmware.com
Wed May 23 17:37:40 UTC 2012

I know that I have projects in production that are using code that is older than 1 year ... it would not be easy for me to scramble and identify all of the old packages, configurations and/or build scripts that would have to be modified if you were to start removing packages from the repository ... the net would be worse than "slow repository" or "down for the weekend repository", but of course the only time I would need the old code is in an emergency...

A repository like love is supposed to be forever:)

A more palatable solution would be to have the active projects move to a different (smaller) project with fewer versions, the older infrequently used projects wouldn't be triggered and the new more active projects wouldn't carry the burden of ancient history around...

My $0.02...

Dale