[squeak-dev] Making trunk repo faster

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Wed May 23 17:49:09 UTC 2012

On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 10:28 AM, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de>wrote:

> Accessing the repository gets slower and slower due to the ever increasing
> number of versions there.
>
> To make it faster we could remove old package versions. Say, everything
> older than a year (but keep at least one version of each package). We could
> move those to an "attic" repository.
>
> Sounds good? Other ideas?

Sounds good.  I would have attics for each year.  The history identifies
the publication date so finding the right attic for a given version is
fine.  One attic is OK since attic access is presumably rare and  hence
performance not a premium.  But attic will be worse than trunk as soon as
older packages are moved there.

--
best,
Eliot