[squeak-dev] Making trunk repo faster

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Wed May 23 19:28:34 UTC 2012

We will need richer criteria than simply age.  Consider a package that
didn't change in the last year -- purging it would provide little gain
while seriously limiting the repository's ability to do its SCM duty
(compare, merge, revert, etc. with prior versions).

Before we knee-jerk react by hacking down our persistent model just to
accomodate MC's unsustainable design, may we first at least consider
to upgrade MC to be more scalable?

For example, one of the things that is "slow" is due to merely
applying the underlining and highlighting in the Versions browser.
One thing that can be done here is quit going back all versions and
instead just the prior 20 or so...