[squeak-dev] Re: Squeak CI - squeakci.org now in beta

Chris Cunnington smalltalktelevision at gmail.com
Wed May 23 21:02:48 UTC 2012

Very nice indeed. The Console output alone looks worlds healthier.

I've got a hard copy of Jenkins: The Definitive Guide here on my desk,
but clearly I missed a few things.

One really good point you make is I need to give access to the scripts.
It occurred to me that at some point I would need to make this a system
that others could get in and configure, but to this point I'd just been
hacking at it alone. It'd be better if the lists of tests (i.e.
tests.st) was not hard coded in builtastic.sh, but was a script option
the way Lukas sets is up. Not:

./build.sh

but:

./build.sh -i tests.st -i another

Then a Jenkins user could change that in the Configure page. I'll look
into that. And the other suggestions you made.

If nothing else, you've dissipated the fatigue I've had around working
on this.
Clearly, Bert chose the right guy. Thanks!

Chris