[squeak-dev] GLMorphic

Colin Putney colin at wiresong.com
Wed May 30 18:24:54 UTC 2012

On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 11:01 AM, Tim Felgentreff <tim at nada1.de> wrote:

> There's plenty of problems, and performance isn't great, but do people
> think better OpenGL integration is something that's still worth
> pursuing? (not necessarily based on GLMorphic)

Yes! My dream GUI would be a Smalltalk widget library that draws into
Areithfa Ffenestri windows via OpenGL (or maybe Cairo). Native windows
would play nicely with the OS window manager, and Smalltalk widgets
would give us a consistent experience across platforms. Visualworks is
going in that direction with Cairo, and Igor's nascent Athens project
looks interesting, but we haven't really seen such a beast yet.

Colin