MCWorkingCopyTest>>testSimpleMerge (was Re: [squeak-dev] The Trunk: NetworkTests-dtl.33.mcz)

Herbert König herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Sat Nov 3 22:10:26 UTC 2012

Hi
> On 3 November 2012 21:11, Herbert König <herbertkoenig at gmx.net> wrote:
> Thanks, Herbert! MCWorkingCopyTest>>testSimpleMerge looks interesting
> - that's a test that passed on CI. Would you mind poking it, maybe
> getting a stack trace or similar? What's making it fail? frank

funny thing if I restart (incl. update code) and run run this test alone
it passes.Running it a second time it fails again. Confusing (at least
for me).

So I restarted again (slowish computer :-)) with an empty debuglog and
the test passed when running all tests. Running it alone a second time
it failed again.

Is this expected?

Deleting the debuglog was a bad idea, now I have none to send. Error
console didn't show up again.I continue poking.

This is the test and how I checked:
testSimpleMerge
     "
self run: #testSimpleMerge     by me to run it singly
     "
     | mother base inst |
     0 halt. "by me"
     inst := self mockInstanceA.
     base :=  self snapshot.
     self change: #one toReturn: 2.
     mother :=  self snapshot.
     self load: base.
     self change: #two toReturn: 3.
     self snapshot.
     self assert: inst one = 1. "returns 2 on second run is that OK?"
     self assert: inst two = 3.

     self merge: mother.
     self assert: inst one = 2.
     self assert: inst two = 3.