[squeak-dev] The Inbox: Tools-jmg.426.mcz

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Mon Nov 5 13:59:59 UTC 2012

On 2012-11-05, at 14:26, Tobias Pape <Das.Linux at gmx.de> wrote:

> Am 05.11.2012 um 14:00 schrieb Bert Freudenberg:
>
>> <PastedGraphic-1.png>
>> - Bert -
>
> So, what I see there are the protocols/categories
> used by each superclass, separated by line?

Yes. The code for this is even still in the image - the lines get generated but the new fancy chooser does not display them.

> If so, we should probably add a “Used in BlaClass”
> instead of / within the separating line.

Possibly. Even just displaying the lines would make clear what happens, because per class the list is in fact sorted alphabetically. Without the lines it just seems random.

Although I have to admit the biggest quibble I have is that more often than not I type a new category, notice it isn't there, have to delete what I typed to make the "new..." item show up again, select the "new..." item, and type my new category again. *That's* annoying. How much nicer would it be if while I type something, the "new..." entry would automatically change to "new: whatever I type" so I just have to press return when I'm done ...

- Bert -