[squeak-dev] Passing a startup script to an image, on Windows

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 22:13:42 UTC 2012

We have CI scripts for both Linux and OSX, so I thought I'd try add
something for the Windows tests. (I may have found a machine to use
for CI, even if it's not able to be online all the time.)

To that end I installed cygwin and pointed builtastic.sh (from the
squeak-ci repo) to the Windows VM (a Cog), and just tried to run it.

But I get an Error: No content to install in
HTTPDownloadRequest>>contentStream, because the HTTPDownloadRequest
that's created (the CodeLoader turns a file reference into one using a
file:// URI) has a content of nil. I can't see where or how this "HTTP
request" might be fulfilled. I can't see a call to #startRetrieval in
my stack, for instance.

Any ideas? What am I doing wrong with 'my/vm/path/Croquet.exe
"path/to/image.image" "path/to/script.st"' (remember, on cygwin you
can use / as a path delimiter, but I've also tried using \ as the path
delimiter, with no difference in behaviour).

frank