[squeak-dev] Re: statistics: standard deviation

Joseph J Alotta joseph.alotta at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 00:30:28 UTC 2012

I looked at the repositories that you mention and there is nothing there that I can work with.  It is this very vast
collection of code that has no documentation and no description.

There seems to be methods for standard deviation but it involves subtracting moments from a larger object that calculated it somehow and is not to be found.  It seems that one needs a vast understanding of the inner workings of smalltalk to use these classes.  I was under the impression that knowledge of the hacky things is supposed to be hidden from a casual user or at least this is the design principle that is not followed.

It is funny to me that there is not a simple answer to a simple question like this and I am left to coding standard deviation for myself.