[squeak-dev] Mac Test Results

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Wed Nov 21 14:32:58 UTC 2012

On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 10:20:29PM -0700, Jeff Gonis wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> With some of the talk about the 4.4 release recently I thought that I would
> run the continuous integration tests again on the mac and post the results.
>
> I get 18 expected failures and 5 failures.  The failues are:
>
> LargeNegativeIntegerTest>>#testMinimumNegativeIntegerArithmetic
> LocaleTest>>#testLocaleChanged
> ReleaseTest>>#testNoObsoleteClasses
> SocketTest>>#testSocketReuse
> SocketTest>>#tesetUDP

Thanks Jeff.

IMHO we are down to a small set of explainable failures that should not
stand in the way of the 4.4 release.

testMinimumNegativeIntegerArithmetic is VM dependent, and not something
that can be fixed in the image. It passes on VMs with the necessary
support.

testLocaleChanged is apparently testing something that is missing or
incomplete in the image. The test should stay so that the issue can be
addressed in future, but for now it is an expected failure.

testSocketReuse testUDP are apparently dependent on both VM and the
capabilities of the underlying platform. They do pass on some VMs and
platforms, and I don't think we have any plan in place to improve the
situation near term, so I would be inclined to not let this stand in
the way of the release.

testNoObsoleteClasses seems to be an artifact of the MC tests, but it
does not fail on my system. If someone knows how to make this right,
that would be good. Otherwise my suggestion would be just make sure
the test has passed on the final release image.

$0.02,

Dave