[squeak-dev] Re: Squeak 4.4 release todo list

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 13:27:26 UTC 2012

On 21 November 2012 18:22, Bob Arning <arning315 at comcast.net> wrote:
> It's always fun to try it with Squeak. convert the form to 32 bits and try
> this:
>
> 0 to: self height - 1 do: [ :y |
>     self colorAt: self width-1 at y put: ((self colorAt: 0 at y) mixed: 0.5 with:
> (self colorAt: self width-2 at y)).
>     self colorAt: 0 at y put: ((self colorAt: 2 at y) mixed: 0.5 with: (self
> colorAt: self width-1 at y))
> ].
>
> Seems to fuzz it up pretty well.

That's exactly what I'd like to do. The form's an 8 bit ColorForm
though, and doesn't like depths > 8. So I thought I'd be extra clever
and make a 32 bit form and copy the bits:

| form |
form := PNGReadWriter formFromFileNamed:
'/home/frank/Downloads/blur_ulam_1.png'.
form := (Form extent: form extent depth: 32) bits: form bits.
0 to: form height - 1 do: [ :y |
	form
		colorAt: form width-1 at y
		put: ((form colorAt: 0 at y)
			mixed: 0.5
			with: (form colorAt: form width-2 at y)).
	form
		colorAt: 0 at y
		put: ((form colorAt: 2 at y)
			mixed: 0.5
			with: (form colorAt: form width-1 at y)) asFloat
].

ActiveWorld color: (InfiniteForm with: form)

However, I still can't run the script, because I get an "Error: Bad
BitBlt arg (Fraction?). I can't even just wrap-and-resume the Error
because, of course, Error is not resumable.

Ideas? What am I missing?

frank