[squeak-dev] Problems with CogVM

Casimiro de Almeida Barreto casimiro.barreto at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 20:55:59 UTC 2012

I'm usually running squeak using stackVM (which I compiled to suit my
needs). But I just crashed against an old problem. Yesterday I gave
Athens (pharo) a try. Pharo runs under CogVM and as I use Fedora x86_64
and this system is a ... about gcc -m32, I either use the cogvm that
comes along the distribution or I select one pre-built from Elliot.
Unecessary to say that I had all sorts of problems with NativeBoost not
being able to call the foreign libraries...

Then I decided to come back and try squeak with cogvm and I tried to
suit it to run OpenGL but it fails. I think it's impossible that I'm the
only poor mortal to have ever faced the problem of suiting FFI to
properly run Cog in a x86_64 architecture. Have someone dealt with this
problem???

PS: I did all the tricks with LD_LIBRARY_PATH, ld.conf.so.d, etc.

CdAB