[squeak-dev] Printf class

Joseph J Alotta joseph.alotta at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 01:17:15 UTC 2012

Hi Balázs,

Thank you very much for your answer, it helped a lot.  Sending the #printf message to the string seems a little counterintuitive.

How does the interpretor know that I mean to create an instance of the class FormatString, instead of String?

I looked at the Class definition and it just says that Format String is a subclass of Object.  So how does the code
get executed?

If I can figure out how to put a method into the String class, then I can use the long worded code you have below and just
name it something easier.

Thanks so much,

Sincerely,

Joe.