[squeak-dev] [ANN] Phobos for Squeak

Chris Cunnington smalltalktelevision at gmail.com
Sun Oct 14 12:57:00 UTC 2012

On 12-10-14 2:22 AM, Pavel Krivanek wrote:
> You need a JavaScript client based on XULRunner. You need to download
> a bundle for your platform:
> http://code.google.com/p/phobos-framework/downloads/list
>
> This bundles include XULRunner (with exception of Linux bundle), the
> JavaScript client application, CogVM and a Pharo image.
>
> Then you have two option. Prepare Squeak image with Phobos, modify
> start.st script and replace app.image with the Squeak image (include
> sources and changes file into the same directory). With that setting
> the XULRunner will show splash screen and will start the CogVM.

Oooooh, OK. I get it now. The Squeak part is an alternative to this nice
Xul application you have in
http://code.google.com/p/phobos-framework/downloads/list. Gotcha.

Change:

| app |
app := PhobosDemo new.
app start.

in /Contents/Resources/chrome/start.st to the Squeak image. Check.

OK, I see the full app as in your pictures. Thanks for correcting my
misunderstanding.

Chris