[squeak-dev] design issue of someone trying to think like a smalltaker

Herbert König herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Tue Oct 16 18:12:27 UTC 2012

Hi Joseph,

I don't know what you want to model. Assuming the accounts already
exist, you can attach each transaction to the account. But then you
would need a collection of accounts somewhere.

In that case each account will have a collection of transactions. OTOH
if you need your transactions to replay them all on a 'database' (like
Smalltalk's changes file or the transaction log of a rdbms) it's useful
to have a second collection where you also put the transactions in.

Basically if you have many of anything you put them in a collection and
use the powerful collection protocol do deal with them.

Sorry for being so vague but I hope to get the message :-))

Cheers

Herbert