[squeak-dev] Spoon 3 beta 2 released

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2005 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 20 09:14:29 UTC 2012

On 10/19/12 11:37 PM, "Chris Cunnington" <smalltalktelevision at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 12-10-19 4:34 PM, Craig Latta wrote:
>> Hi all--
>>
>>       I've released Spoon 3 beta 2, see [1]. This is an important one,
>> because it's the first one that opens a remote browser onto a small
>> headless memory automatically. With this one it's pretty easy to browse
>> around.
>>
>>       So now there's a memory with development tools in it, and a small
>> memory which takes the place of the old changes file (by remembering
>> changes in an object database). Next, I¹ll set up a third memory, a
>> minimal environment which can the basis of a full Smalltalk distribution
>> (e.g., Squeak 5). I¹ll write instructions for creating unit tests for
>> each package in our communities, and imprinting the code run by those
>> tests into the minimal memory, thereby creating a module. We can work
>> toward releases where all the packages anyone might want to load are
>> served by some online history memory, with package metadata searchable
>> with Google[2].
>>

>>       thanks!
>>
>> -C
>>
>> [1] http://tinyurl.com/9pw4gjc (wordpress.com)
>> [2] http://netjam.org/spoon/modules
>>
>> --
>> Craig Latta
>> www.netjam.org/resume
>> +31   6 2757 7177
>> + 1 415  287 3547 (no SMS)
>>

> Well that's fun to explore. I'm on OSX 10.7.5 and for some reason the
> AppleScript could not see the image, but that was easy to fix by
> dragging the script into the same/Resources directory.
> The mini image starts and is broadcasting on 8090. It sets up a web page
> to present a link to start the development image. Nifty.
> For the first time HTTPServer is publicly available. It's in the mini
> image, which I can inspect from the open browser on the development
> image world.  Going to package New and then class Welcome and method
> 'act' I can see where the web page is coming from. Cool.
>
> Chris

I'm on OS X 10.6 now and also have troubles with AppleScript .
Solved rename the app to "Spoon3b2"
Starting to explore, send feedback ASAP.

As you know , my wish is build a more compatible version of Reduced Cuis
( Cuis3.1r.4f of 2.5 Mb)
http://squeakros.org/Cuis3dot2/Cuis3.1r.4f.image
http://squeakros.org/Cuis3dot2/Cuis3.1r.4f.changes

Runs on old and new VM