[squeak-dev] 6 tests to go... Win7 results

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 12:16:00 UTC 2012

On 23 October 2012 21:25, Herbert König <herbertkoenig at gmx.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>>
>> We're down to 6 failing unit tests on the Linux platform, one of which
>> is an expected failure and another of which is a known network issue
>> for the Linux platform.
>>
>> Would my kind Windows and OSX build volunteers please run builds
>> against the latest trunk image?
>> (http://173.246.101.237:8080/job/SqueakTrunk/lastCompletedBuild/artifact/)
>>
> Yesterday (Oct 22) I could download build #17 and got a TrunkImage.image and
> .changes. Not the usual zip including the VM.

The VM comes from the repository at
https://github.com/frankshearar/squeak-ci. In particular, you can get
a copy directly from here:
https://github.com/frankshearar/squeak-ci/zipball/master

Sorry, I thought I'd only need to mention the image location.

> This is update 12251 according to the system reporter. I disable IPV6
> support via preferences and run all tests in the Cog VM I used for the
> previous tests. See http://minus.com/luZyqW2PRhIrq.
>
> I get 3222 run, 3178 passes, 18 expected failures, 5 failures, 21 errors, 0
> unexpected passes, as if the network preference is ignored again.
> See http://minus.com/lpibYAKEi3bw5
> I did this twice, as I didn't want to believe it.
>
> If I update this image to trunk, it loads some updates and again claims to
> be 12251 version.
> Tests like before result in 3219 run, 3195 passes, 18 expected failures, 5
> failures, 1 errors, 0 unexpected passes. See:
> http://minus.com/l17FSZY5yOnhH
>
> I have no idea but I still have that image if someone wants it.
>
> http://minus.com/mbam1m6GnSJJJH is the complete Folder with the screenshots
> of all runs I published up to now.

Thanks very much for running the tests, Herbert. I appreciate it!

This is actually what I _expected_, since one of the 6 failing tests
is a network issue on the Linux platform. That is, I expect
NetworkTests.Kernel.SocketTest.testSendTimeout to _pass_ on Windows.

That error is news to me though: FileDirectoryTest.testRelativeNameIfAbsolut...

Would you mind sending more details on that failed test? I'd like to
see which assertion fails.

Thanks again!

frank