[squeak-dev] getting an image file to work

Hans-Martin Mosner hmm at heeg.de
Sat Sep 1 14:04:21 UTC 2012

Am 01.09.2012 13:57, schrieb John Guenther:

> I thought that I just had to drag and drop this image file to the squeak.exe
> file and it would open and run the mediatools program, however when I do
> this I get the same window with all the other windows mentioned above inside
> it and I get an error message saying there is no content to install. In this
> dialog box there are lots of other commands (at least that's what they look
> like). I guess a sort of log of what squeak was doing.

Dragging onto the exe file should generally work. However, it might be possible that when you already have a squeak
image running, a new image that you drag onto it is somehow interpreted as a dropped file that should be interpreted by
the currently running image. That would explain the behavior you describe.
So to be safe, quit whatever Squeak image you have running before you drag the image on top of the exe.
In addition, you might want to add a file type association so that .image file are opened by the Squeak executable. Then
you can just double-click images, which is in general much more comfortable.

Cheers,
Hans-Martin