[squeak-dev] Failing tests in trunk, gearing up for 4.4 release

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 20:46:15 UTC 2012

On 5 September 2012 19:14, Herbert König <herbertkoenig at gmx.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am 05.09.2012 14:34, schrieb Frank Shearar:
>
>> Yes, it is a Cog VM. If you clone
>> https://github.com/frankshearar/squeak-ci/ you'll get the VMs used for
>> Linux and OS X. I haven't yet included the Windows VM but can if you
>> want.
>>>
>>> I'll try again after work.
>>

> I never used git (just SVN for some time) so I used the r2545 from Eliot's
> prebuilt VM's. I run AidaWeb in this image. I will download any Win VM you
> can provide though.

OK. You can download a zip of the repository from
https://github.com/frankshearar/squeak-ci/zipball/master, if that's
more convenient.

I hadn't added the Windows version of Cog, but I'll do so shortly.
It's important we try minimise the differences between the different
"build agents". (Quotes, because a large chunk of our testing is now
being done by volunteers, rather than machines.)

> Ok, used the downloaded image, wait was after 17 tests.
> 17 expected failures, 9 failures, 21 errors, 0 unexpected passes
> Image saved. Results: http://minus.com/lggUMtsOCsihW

Those error tests are probably because of that thing Levente mentioned
earlier today: you have to mark your machine as being able to act as a
server. It's been a long while since I had a Windows box, so I'm
unfamiliar with the concept.

>  Tomorrow is my last workday, then I can respond during working hours.

Great! Thanks!

frank