[squeak-dev] Metacello and Squeak4.4

Dale Henrichs dhenrich at vmware.com
Fri Sep 7 13:25:21 UTC 2012

>From my perspective I don't think that the Metacello Preview has seen enough external usage for me to feel comfortable releasing it right now ... I am waiting for feedback from real users of the scripting api ... there are a handful of people using the api, so that's a good sign.

I will feel better when someone reports a nasty bug or complains about one of the features then I will feel that it has gotten some real usage and is ready to go out the door:)

I also want to improve the bootstrap scheme which directly affects the Metacello-Base package...

With all of that said, I am constantly testing the bootstrap code in both pharo and squeak, so I'm not worried as much about bugs and stability as I am that I will decide to change the scripting api based on feedback.

Dale