[squeak-dev] Windows 7 tests behaviour depending on image was: Re: [TestRunner] Windows 7 tests -- no longer weird behaviour

Herbert König herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Sat Sep 8 10:33:02 UTC 2012

Hi,

> It's a zip of the working copy of the repository, so it will contain
> several things that are _not_ in the zip produced by Jenkins. They're
> the base images used by the scripts to build a fully up-to-date image.
> Since you're interested in the zip mainly for the Cog VMs, I'd suggest
> just ignoring the rest of the zip for the moment.

As there was no new versions I just upgraded the trunk image in the zip
to 12211 and reran the tests.
I tried to debug the socket issue.

ArbitraryObjectSocketTestcase>>setUp calls
NetNameResolver>>localHostAddress which returns:
fe80::64bb:69f6:38d0:b4bf%20(AldiLaptop1),0(0)

As I have no knowledge about IPV6: is this a valid address? I'm used to
getting a ByteArray from this.

Higher up the stack in
Socket>>waitForConnectionFor: timeout ifTimedOut: timeoutBlock
ifRefused: refusedBlock
the refusedBlock is evaluated which hints that the above address is ok
but it's still a firewall issue.

Picture below is from the TCP firewall rule maybe I have to grant rights
for some of the IPV6 options?
Anyway, we'd have to document this because my windows is "Out of the
box" and I use the standard interactive way to punch holes into the
firewall like may users will do.

Any knowledgeable "Windowers" around?

Thanks,

Herbert