[squeak-dev] ALFormResource disappeared from AL-Application-Core?

Chris Cunnington smalltalktelevision at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 18:12:51 UTC 2012

On 12-09-10 1:15 PM, Colin Putney wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 9, 2012 at 2:06 PM, Chris Cunnington
> <smalltalktelevision at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I have a feeling that ALFormResource disappeared from the latest version of
>> Altitude. It's present in AL-Application-cwp.18.mcz but not in
>> AL-Application-cwp.22.mcz.
> It got moved to AL-HtmlApp, since it depends on ALForm.
>
> Colin

Yea, I see it now. My mistake. Would it be possible to get a form example?

ALAppHtml5Canvas is overriding ALHtml5Canvas, so all the stuff in
ALInputTag looks overriden. That leaves  #callback: and #send:to: alone
in ALAppHtml5Canvas?

I'd like to do something like from Seaside2.6
WAVersionUploader>>renderContentOn:

html form
         multipart;
         with: [
             html bold: 'Load version from file: '.
             html break.
             html fileUpload callback: [:f | file _ f].
             html space.
             html submitButton callback: [self loadFile]; text: 'Load'.

and I'm not quite seeing it. And XTreams may make the #loadFile

loadFile
     | reader version |
     reader _ MCVersionReader readerClassForFileNamed: file fileName.
     reader ifNil: [self inform: file fileName, ' is not in a known
format'].
     version _ reader versionFromStream: file contents asByteArray
readStream.
     version load.

have a different shape.

Thanks,