[squeak-dev] conceptual help please

Joseph J Alotta joseph.alotta at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 01:02:15 UTC 2012

I am a newcomer to ST development and this is my first real-world project.

I work for an investment advisor, so the brokerage firm lets us download a set of files each day.

The files contain data about clients and accounts.

I think it would be like this:

A (1) Family has (2) Clients who have (3) Accounts each having (4) Folios which contain (5) Securities.

Should I implement this directly in a class hierarchy, even though each class is very different from the parent class?

My end is to have all the file data in a structure in memory, so I can print various reports.

What are some of my design options?

Your thoughts please?

Sincerely,

Joe.