[squeak-dev] Altitude form example

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 09:21:51 UTC 2012

On 14 September 2012 08:24, Colin Putney <colin at wiresong.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 11:41 PM, Frank Shearar <frank.shearar at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Not that I've actually touched Reflect-Core in a while, but my
>> intention was to have a RESTful JSON-in-JSON-out API: POST /something/
>> {"stuff":"here"} to add something, and so on. I hadn't thought about
>> forms in the slightest, mainly because I don't care about HTML. Unless
>> I've misread, and "form" here means "something in Altitude's domain"
>> rather than "an HTML form tag".
>
> What sort of client do you imagine connecting to Reflect-Core, if not
> a web page?

I started writing Reflect-Core to serve initially as a means of
externally reflecting on an image with no prior assumptions about a
client other than something that could issue HTTP requests and parse
JSON. That means I could have a shell script or an in-browser IDE and
Reflect-Core would neither know nor care.

Anything _beyond_ that - the HTML wiring necessary for such an
in-browser IDE, for example - is (or should be) beyond the scope of
Reflect-Core itself. But I guess Chris is playing around with
something just like this.

frank