[squeak-dev] The Inbox: System-cmm.498.mcz

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 01:07:58 UTC 2012

I know, but updating the initials on an existing instance may create a
mal-formed Author.  If you gave me an image you were working on, and I
changed the initials, we'd have Author 'cmm' - 'Levente Uzonyi'.

We're moving from Strings to an object.  I think ultimately to do it
"right" we will need a #setAuthor rather than setInitials.  Setting
the initials only applies to an Author now, not at a system-level.
The system now only knows which whole Author.  To support multiple
fields I think we'll end up with a "AllAuthors" class-var to hold the
collection of Authors known by the system, so we don't have to keep
re-creating new ones..

 - Chris