Test Status (was: Re: [squeak-dev] The Trunk: Monticello-bf.525.mcz)

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 19:58:41 UTC 2012

On 20 September 2012 18:35, Levente Uzonyi <leves at elte.hu> wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Sep 2012, Frank Shearar wrote:
>
>> On 20 September 2012 16:52, Herbert König <herbertkoenig at gmx.net> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,

>>> too slow network to download the zip, so I updated the last one to 12229
>>> and
>>> got:
>>> 3222 run, 3176 passes, 18 expected failures, 7 failures, 21 errors, 0
>>> unexpected passes
>>> http://i.minus.com/iLqjljOy965AF.png
>>

>> Cool, we're making progress!
>>
>> #testNoObsoleteClasses fails because of the HudsonBuildTools.st we use.
>> #testMinimumNegativeInte... is, if I recall correctly, a marker for a
>> bugfix (Nicolas?) as is #testClassRemoval...
>

> #testMinimumNegativeIntegerArithmetic is failing because of a bug in the VM.
> You'll need a VM with Nicolas's patch applied to make it pass.

OK, but then for the Official Squeak 4.4 VMs we'll want to use a
patched VM, right? I'd like to be able to say "with the released 4.4
we KNOW it works with VMx X, Y and Z on platforms A, B and C" as a
minimum.

> #testMethodsWithUnboundGlobals,
> #testClassRemovalAndRecompilcationWontCreateDuplicateVariableBindings and
> #testNoObsoleteClasses fail (the last one might pass depending on the order
> of the tests) because if you remove a class from the system which is being
> referred to and then create a class with the same name, then the existing
> bindings will point to the old class (which is obsolete) instead of the new.
>
> #testUndeclared is failing because of HudsonBuildTools referencing RB and
> Gofer. I made a version where I only kept HDReport and HDTestReport and it
> just works.

Great - if you send that stripped down version my way I'll update the
CI scripts accordingly.

> So we're soon down to 4 failing tests.

Excellent!

frank